Joomla! is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla! the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla! is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
What's a content management system (CMS)?
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
What is behind this name?
Joomla! is the phonetic transcription of a Swahili word that means "all together", or "into a whole". The choice was made towards this name because the entire team behind Mambo was unanimous in the desire to protect the interests of creators and the community.
Joomla! was the best choice.
What makes Joomla! different is our commitment to make it as simple as possible, while providing maximum functionality. In the end, non-technicians can perfectly manage their own site, without being forced to go through proprietary solutions at exorbitant costs.
What are the benefits of Joomla!?
- Joomla! ss an open source CMS engine based on Internet development standards (php / mysql).
- Joomla! ss based on the most active developer community in the open source domain. It is an evolutive tool (already more than 20 versions published since 2006!), And can be adjusted at will.
- Joomla! offers the widest library of open source extensions (components, modules and plugins).
- Joomla! offers the most intuitive web interface to manage and update a website.
- Joomla! Is multilingual (as many languages as you wish).
- Joomla! has an integrated and extensible search engine.